As a QA Analyst, you will find each work day brings new and different experiences. You will help shape our products by fulfilling the ongoing responsibilities detailed below. This position is part of a very cross-functional team. You’ll be working closely with members of many teams: Design, Product, Development, Customer Experience, and Success.
Ongoing testing responsibilities:
- Provide feedback on early stages of design mockups, and throughout iterations
- Participate in planning meetings to work out edge cases and refine requirements
- Create use cases, acceptance test criteria, and project requirements with product owners
- Collaborate with developers in application testing, to ensure it is bug free and to spec
- Help coordinate product development by seeing projects through each phase, answering and posing questions along the way
- Coordinate code deployments to release new value to our partners daily
- Become an expert across all Second Street products and how they work together
- Perform manual exploratory testing
- Help debug issues, both in test environments and in production, facilitating our triage process and product refinement backlog
In addition to these rotating, daily responsibilities, Second Street’s QA team is also investigating new tools and frameworks to add to our automated testing ecosystem. Eventually, you will be able to collaborate and contribute by writing your own automated tests, enabling us to build out our acceptance test coverage, rely less on manual testing, push code faster with more confidence, and free up more time to pursue new and exciting innovations.
In the future, you’ll contribute to the Research, Development, and Implementation of an automated testing framework for our development pipelines:
- Help establish and maintain a test automation framework and methodology
- Actively participate in the design, coding, testing and maintenance of automation test scripts for applications across test and production environments.
- Develop and implement quality assurance metrics
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Passion for delivering quality software using Agile methodology
- Passion for new tech trends and a keen eye towards user experiences
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and implementing them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate an idea, concept, or position
- Ability to make well-reasoned decisions by carefully listening to and critically evaluating evidence and arguments made by various team members
- Passion for collaboration, a people person who gets along with all types
- Strong attention to detail
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter, and curious – always questioning things
- Previous experience testing software
- Previous experience with tools we use: GitHub, Slack, Trello, CircleCI, G Suite, HubSpot
- Experience with bug tracking, triage escalation, and ticketing processes
- Experience with one or more programming languages
- Experience with automated testing frameworks or test scripting
We are an audience engagement software platform located in St. Louis, MO, that is licensed by over 4,000 media companies and marketers. Some of our leading-edge products include online contests, ballots, brackets, polls, quizzes, sweepstakes, email, audience insights, and more. We love tech-savvy professionals who are motivated to succeed.
Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a balanced life. Although we have cool things in the office like a shuffleboard table, video games, and snacks, we don’t believe in trapping people at the office or cajoling them into overtime. Just the opposite. We’re all about reasonable working hours, ample vacation time, fitness, wellness, food, education, and fun.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Computer of your choice
- Free parking or a Metro pass, your choice
- Private gym in the basement of our historic building – including a Peloton Bike
- Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises like renting out movie theaters
- Biannual week full of fun, food, and games known as Company Week
- Our incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits are 100% covered for you, and 50% for your family
- We work in a fun office environment with a shuffleboard table, Nintendo Switch, Peloton Bike, and full kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Kaizen” in the subject line.
Second Street Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.