- Design, develop, and implement web-based software and media tools.
- Work on a variety of C# .Net applications including RESTful APIs, MVC, Console Applications, Unit Tests, and Class Libraries
- Integrate application code with SQL tables, SQL stored procedures, and Entity Framework.
- Provide technical analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation and maintenance support.
- Adhere to application development standards to ensure re-usability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility and ease-of-use for clients and end users.
- Identify opportunities to improve application development team productivity and quality of software.
- Participate in team and project planning meetings.
You will be a member of our cross-functional product development team which is made up of designers, testers, and software engineers. You'll enjoy a high level of autonomy while also working very collaboratively in-person and remotely using Slack, Trello, and GitHub. Software Engineers at Second Street are fully involved in every part of the process, from planning, to development, to testing, to launch. We work together to ship code every day and are constantly looking for ways to improve. We try to do things right using version control, automated testing, code reviews, and occasional pair programming. You'll help your teammates work through challenging issues and build larger projects with an emphasis on performance and quality.
Second Street is an audience engagement software platform used by over 4,000+ companies. The Second Street platform gives users the power to build contests, interactive content, and emails to grow revenue, database, and engagement.
- 5+ years’ experience C# .Net and MVC
- 5+ years’ experience with MS SQL Server, writing queries, stored procedures, and indexes
- Firm understanding of RESTful APIs and WebAPI development
- Experience in current development best practices such as N-Tier Architecture, Dependency Injection, Unit and Integration Tests
- Familiarity with source control (preferably git)
- Experience collaborating with a development team
- Confident in evaluating, refactoring, and rewriting code for quality of life improvements
- Passion for creating state-of-the-art technology and the drive to stay abreast of new industry tools
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate in a team environment and take directive from leadership with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Demonstrable understanding of Separation of Concerns and class based Object Oriented Programming
- Understanding of how to use Chrome Tools and various REST Client Tools
- Understanding of how to write LINQ
- Understanding of Entity Framework
- Contributed code, answers, and/or blog posts to the development community
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Computer of your choice
- Free parking or a Metro pass, your choice
- Private gym in the basement of our historic building
- Professional development courses and conference opportunities
- Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises like renting out movie theaters and monthly lunches
- Twice-annual week full of fun, food, and games known as Company Week
- Our incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits are 100% covered for you, and 50% for your family
- We work in a fun office environment with a shuffleboard table, Nintendo Switch, Peloton Bike, and full kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages
How to Apply
Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “C# .NET / SQL Developer” in the subject line.
Second Street Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.