We are an audience engagement software platform that is used by over 4,000 media companies and marketers. Some of our leading-edge products include online contests, ballots, polls, quizzes, sweepstakes, email, audience insights, and more. We are seeking tech-savvy professionals who are passionate about our industry, learn quickly, and are motivated to succeed.
You will be a member of our cross-functional product development team which is made up of designers, testers, and software engineers. You'll enjoy a high level of autonomy while also working very collaboratively in-person and remotely using Slack, Trello, and GitHub. We work together to ship code every day and are constantly looking for ways to improve. Software Engineers at Second Street are fully involved in every part of the process, from planning, to developing, to testing, to launch. We try to do things right: version control, automated testing, code reviews, and occasional pair programming. As a software engineer you'll help your teammates work through particularly vexing issues and guide them as they build larger projects, all while keeping an eye toward usability and user experience. A strong work ethic, good communication skills, and advanced knowledge of current technology are vital in this role. The ideal candidate will have a sense of ownership and passion for creating state-of-the-art technology and the drive to stay abreast of new industry tools. This position will work out of our downtown St. Louis, Missouri office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The design, development and implementation of web based software and media tools.
- Creation of .Net (C#) code with close integration of MS SQL tables and stored procedures.
- Provide technical analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation and maintenance support.
- Adhere to application development standards to ensure re-usability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility and ease-of-use for clients and end users.
- Identify opportunities to improve application development team productivity and quality of deliverables.
- Participating in all design team and prototype meetings.
- Reviewing all business functional, security, migration, and reporting documentation.
- 5+ years’ experience ASP.Net, MVC, and C#
- 5+ years’ experience with MS SQL Server, writing queries, stored procedures, and indexes
- Firm understanding of RESTful APIs and WebAPI development
- Experience in current development best practices such as N-Tier Architecture, Dependency Injection, Unit and Integration Tests
- Familiarity with source control (preferably git)
- Experience collaborating with a development team
- Confident in evaluating, refactoring, and rewriting code for quality of life improvements
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate in a team environment and take directive from leadership with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Contributed code, answers, and/or blog posts to the development community
- Have read Reinventing Organizations, Work Rules, and/or The Lean Mindset
- Understanding of how to use Chrome Tools and various REST Client Tools
- Understanding of how to write LINQ
- Understanding of Entity Framework
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Company laptop
- Relocation reimbursement
- Free parking or a Metro pass, your choice
- Private gym in the basement of our historic building
- Professional development courses and conference opportunities
- Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises like office scooters, renting out movie theaters, and a semi-annual week full of fun, food, and games known as Company Week
- Our incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits are 100% covered for you, and 50% for your family
- We work in a fun office environment with a shuffleboard table, Nintendo Switch, Peloton Bike, and full kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages
How to Apply
Please email a resume to email@example.com with “Back-End Software Engineer” in the subject line.
Second Street Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.